If you had asked me 5 years back,of travelling alone my answer would have been –
NO WAY !!
It must be unsafe,boring and so lonely.
Would I even enjoy eating dinner alone or sitting in a restaurant alone looking at others and feeling awkward! Would I be able to navigate the city where the language was different or deal with the currency issues?
Nevertheless, I have started believing strongly that every woman once in her lifetime should take up a solo trip.
Since past two years I am gathering the courage to take a solo trip, finally set a deadline for Summers of 2017, to do a solo international trip.
Have you also never travelled alone and somehow feel you are missing on to it?
Don’t be upset! It certainly is the right time.
In your early years ,you were busy settling down with your family and a professional life and the world has definitely taught you to deal with the pressures which mean NOW you are at the right age to travel & explore the BIG WIDE BEAUTIFUL WORLD.
Apparently, you will educate yourself…. language, culture, tradition, cuisine…. you name it. Everything will be different and exhilarating and novel. You will learn to live in a world completely different to what you know now.
Travelling, particularly solo, is one of the most incredible gifts we can give ourselves in life. Travel is ageless, no matter how old you think you are, and gives you an education about the world that you would never find out from text books. You meet people who are different from you – gain some new perspectives, and hopefully, broaden your own.
Travel is not cheap, so think about setting aside some cash each month in a “travel fund,” and before you know it, you’ll have enough to go somewhere new. And if for some reason you do not have a passport – apply for it today. You don’t want to get left behind when the opportunity comes knocking.
Travel Solo! Trust yourself You can do it!
We as humans are adaptable, At least trust your abilities enough to try.
The greatest gift of solo travel is the experience of ultimate freedom. When you travel solo you decide where you’ll go, what you’ll do and when you’ll do it. There’s nobody trying to alter your plans and there’s no need to compromise and adjust. You’re in complete control of your travel experience, and trust me, it feels simply WOW.
- Given that you are more sensible now you can make better choices of places to stay in. Opt for a comfortable hotel/home stay and enjoy chatting with other tourists, eating food & drinking wine. ( Wine keeps coming to me after every few minutes 😉 )
- As you mature your communication & socialising skills become better so you start enjoying meeting random people at coffee shops or restaurants. You are now open to any discussion without having the fear of being judged.
- You are above the point of proving it to others that only BIGGER events & flashy places are all a part of travel experience, now you know the charm of little local experiences, momentary observations, conversations with locals at a pub in evening will stay with you forever & will be cherished more.
- Get a full medical check up done before you leave for your vacation and get a health insurance done .You sure want to feel absolutely healthy in mind & body while travelling.
- Travel light. Go minimal.
- Take a day off from sightseeing & just relax. Call your family back home & read a book.
- Get over the thought that if you step out of the home the, home, husband, kids won’t be able to function. Life for all will keep moving even if you are not around. Maybe it won’t be as perfect as you want it to be but it will move on smoothly.
- Remember -this health, this active body & mind are not coming back to you. Utilise them. Cherish the memories of travelling all your life & when you will look back you will be proud that you did it.
“Never did the world make a queen of a girl who hides in houses and dreams without travelling.” – Roman Payne
So here’s Yayy to solo travelling to all my girls there !